Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Papa a la Huancaina



I love this dish. Papa a la Huancaína is dish of sliced potatoes covered in a spicy cheese sauce. It's delicious made with yellow or white potatoes. If you prefer a spicier sauce, add an extra yellow chile pepper and it is typically served cold.If you want to make it, you may need those ingredients: 8 yellow or while potatoes,
Huancaína sauce(cheese, crackers,milk, and yellow peppers), lettuce leaves, 2 hard-boiled eggs, 8 large black olives then the preparation. First, heat a large pot of salted water to boiling and add the potatoes. Second, boil potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork. Third, drain water from potatoes and slice the potatoes and arrange on top of the lettuce leaves. The last, is pour huancaína sauce over potatoes, and garnish with slices of hard-boiled egg and black olive halves, so i hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it too!!! There are many good Peruvian dishes!!! My favorite ones are "Chaufa de Pollo" and "Pollo Saltado".
    I haven't really tried a typical dish made in Peru, which my friends say are even better than the ones made in the USA, but the ones that I tried here made me consider the possibility to go visit my friends in Peru and try the real Peruvian dishes :)

    ReplyDelete